Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Whats Next?

So the bike trip was GREAT! If you go to France I highly recommend doing a bike trip. My mom and I were with the Duvine company and I loved our guides. I was able to see parts of France that I would not have seen otherwise. We got to back from small towns to small towns taking mainly cute backroads that passed by stunning scenery with lots of vineyards or lavender or wheat fields. It was absolutely gorgeous! It was a lot of biking but I did enjoy it. Plus at the end of the last two days when it was uphill I just got in the van :)

And since I've been back, I've cleaned my room, took the car to be washed, been to the bank twice, took my younger brother Logan to Plano for a soccer game, dropped off a graduation present in Plano, went to Frisco with my other younger brother Pierce to go to the doctor, drove up to Addison to go pick up my Immunizations form and diploma from my high school, made a grocery store run, watched the Mavs play an AWESOME championship game with Luke at Snuffers, had dinner with Katelyn, laid out with Shelby (love you!), made breakfast with Rachel, and had dinner with Carrie and Catherine. BUSY! And packed in ten minutes for the plane ride to Nashville tomorrow morning. Which, speaking of, I'm so pumped for. I get to meet my roommate! And get to pick classes and stay in a dorm and be on the campus of my soon to be college!!! Wow. I cannot believe it's actually here. I don't feel old enough to go to college. And yet at the same time I feel too old to be in high school. But I guess that's what freshman year of college is. Kinda like freshman year of high school...

So, so far the staying calm and taking things slow hasn't been successful. If you re-read the above section you'll see why. However, the blogging has actually been really helpful in taking a breath and slowing down and thinking about what all I have done. I realize, wow I have really not stopped to thank God for all the blessings I have in my life, and it helps me see God in the most simple ways. Even ways that anyone else wouldn't see. It reminds me that God is in everything! And I so I look for Him in everything. In catching up with the old principals while picking up my diploma, having encouraging and enjoyable conversations with good friends who love me and I love, biking through a dirt road passing cherry trees, driving down Hillcrest getting groceries for my mom so I can have a tasty steak dinner. Even though that might seem extreme and you might think, really? How is God in that? Because He is there. His presence is there. He is the one that gives me breath to wake up every morning. He's the reason I can love my friends and family so much and always want to be there for them. He's the reason I can live in such a nice house and have such wonderful food and go to such a great school and study what I've always dreamed of studying. He is the reason that I can love and forgive instead of being mad at someone I have no right to be mad at but at times I think I do have that right. He is the reason I am able to live my life with joy, because I know He is there and I know He will always provide. Maybe I don't have all the answers but I know that He will give me all the answers I need, even if sometimes I think I need more.

How good is His love, great is His grace, deep is His mercy and perfect is His life.

Until next time,
Kel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment